Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Music of the Mind

So many things have popped into my mind since I read Val's previous post "Magical encounters" and I was unable to focus on anything.  Today, I would like to write only about the book called Music of the Mind, by Darryl Reanney.

I read this book about five or six years ago.  I don't think I could understand it properly; I just had my own interpretation, but since then, this book has become one of my favorites.  It is about an adventure into consciousness; however, there is essence of music, as the title suggests, with a beautiful sense of poetry throughout the book, which caught my heart.  It is very difficult for me to describe the book briefly, but if you would allow me to tell you  what I personally took from it, I would be happy to share my thoughts:


The structure of our consciousness is like the Universe. So, we are the Universe, so to speak, which is comprised of an energy wave that resonates with everyday events, with people we meet, with books, music, movies, and etc., beyond time and space, repeatedly and timelessly, like the ocean waves.
The more we experience and involve ourselves with others, the more we learn to vibrate beautifully.  The resonance occurs through the experience, and it takes form through our words and behavior.  We choose beautiful words or manners, as if we are playing beautiful music.  We are a piece of music and when we succeed in playing a beautiful tune, the universe shines brightly.



Isn't it intriguing to imagine that we are tunes ourselves?  Even when we are down or in a dark mood, we are still simply piece of music.  The important thing, I think, is to enjoy the music.
Well, my music now is kind of a "water, light, and wind" tune. How about yours?:)
Sachi

4 comments:

  1. Lovely idea. And, it reminds me that it is OK and even beautiful if others aren't the same instrument as I am or aren't playing the exact same part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sachi, I'm definitely going to read this book!
    Your pictures are really beautiful by the way, and I love this idea that "The more we experience and involve ourselves with others, the more we learn to vibrate beautifully"! As for my music, do you know 'The planets' by Holst? These days, this is my sort of music...not the liveliest, but as you say, the important thing is to enjoy the music, however cheerful or dark the tune is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Nancy
    Thank you for your comment:)
    "..even beautiful if others aren't the same instrument as I am or aren't playing the exact same part."
    That's really right:)
    In order to play beautifully, each player listens to other player very carefully, and I think that's why a symphony is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you,Val:)
    Yeah! Please read this book, and please let me know if I misssedcatching something important,
    or if I made mistakes in my interpretation:)

    ReplyDelete